My boyfriend (or husband) has lost interest in me. He doesn't pay attention to me. I think he is having an affair. I don't recall the last time we slept together. Sounds familiar? Indeed these are some of the common complaints that women have.
So when he heard from Laura that her boyfriend was not paying attention to her, we were not surprised. She writes, "My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years but lately he seems less interested in me. I think my boyfriend is cheating. What can I do to get his attention back?" (Related article: Relationship with younger wife)
It is important to understand that any relationship matures over time and the passion and the excitement that you will see during Month One is not going to last. Things will be different in a few months, in a few years, and in a few decades. So take a look at the following points below:
• Just because someone is less interested in you does not always mean that he is cheating. A person can commit adultery and still show tremendous interest in you. Surprising though it might seem, it is perfectly possible for a man or a woman to have two passionate relationships at the same time and no one can ever find out.
• Do you know what else is going on in his life? Is it something at work or with his family or financial issues that maybe bothering him?
• Do you guys have any other issues developing in your relationship?
• If you answer all these questions in a way that you think there is nothing that should make him behave like this, then just talk to him. Tell him that you feel he is not paying enough attention to you. What is wrong? What can you do to bring your relationship back on track? May be he has just taken you for granted now that you have been in a steady relationship. Once you point it out to him, you guys can work out the issues without any problem at all.
• If he tells you the reason then you have to work on whatever it is as a couple.
If he is evasive then you know there is the problem that you suspect. He could be cheating or may have just lost interest in you and may want the relationship to simply end. In that case, it is best to simply let him move and so should you. Confronting him may not be of much help at this stage.